The oldest news about the hotel go back to the 15th century, when the building belonged to the old family Pera, presumed ancestor of the family Peruzzi, the most powerful Florentine financiers with enormous interest in Europe.
Toward the middle of the 19th century this building, infused with a magical Medical atmosphere, housed the Albergo dello Scudo di Francia.
Between 1865 and 1870 it became the Hotel Columbia Parlamento which, thanks to its convenient location, was often attended by members of the House who gathered at the Palazzo Vecchio and the Senators who gathered at palazzo Pitti when Florence was capital city of the Italian Kingdom. For these guests, who often lived here for long periods, was treated a first class service and a luxurious standard.
After this prestigious prelude, the name of the hotel was changed several times, once even housing the famous Doney Restaurant.
A few decades ago the building was the subject of an extensive renovation and modernization for the revival of the hotel. During the restoration work was brought to light a century portico and the restored great hall at the first floor with painted portraits of the protagonists of the Risorgimento, today this is our Sala del Parlamento, the restaurant, the breakfast room and the events room of the hotel.